Fixing Subfloors

Old 07-06-02, 11:58 AM
joeslug
Visiting Guest
Fixing Subfloors

I want to redo the vinyl tiles in my kitchen. I'll take up the tiles but I'd like to smooth over the subfloor. Besides putting a new subfloor down is there a way to use something to fill in the cracks and make the subfloor smoother. This will keep the new tiles from cracking and splitting.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-02, 08:05 AM
dilybe
Visiting Guest
Hi Joe.
I'm no expert, but there are all kinds of things you can get at your local Home Depot, Lowes, or equivalent super store used to patch small holes, cracks, and for leveling floors. I see stuff in bags that you mix with water to a putty-like consistency and spread on the bad spot, it dries, you sand and go.
Not real specific, but at least you know something is out there.
Good luck.

Old 07-22-02, 08:53 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hope this helps

Theres a product out there called "fix-all". It works wonders on just about everything.

Old 07-24-02, 09:20 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Floor Prep

Joe and Others:

Look into products such as http://www.mapei.com/PATCHING.html or http://www.parabond.com/underlayment.cfm for your floor prep needs. I don't think you'll find these products at any of the big home improvement stores but they are available at local flooring supply houses at very reasonable prices. Example; 5 gallon bucket for $18.00. Trust the products that professional flooring installers use.

Ken Fisher

www.floridawoodfloors.net/floorprep.htm