glue vs snap together laminate floring

Old 07-07-02, 10:05 AM
C
cjf242
Visiting Guest
glue vs snap together laminate floring

What are people experience with these. Which one would you recommend.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-02, 09:44 PM
A
AzFred
Visiting Guest
To make a recommendation, more knowledge of your application would be necessary. Climate? Rooms to be floored? Construction and sub floor condition? Lifestyle is importnat and knowledge of kids, pets, etc. would be helpful. How knowledgeable you are would govern how important your vendor should be. If you have little or no knowledge about flooring or building materials, stay away from the grocery store supplier where you will get no help. If you would feel cheated by a professional installer who bought cheap supplies, like glue for instance, give up on the low priced brands or the "no name" brands. You are considering a new floor but you are also putting a value on your home, maybe your largest investment. Good luck with your project.

Old 07-12-02, 01:49 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I personally think the glue T&G is not the way to go. In fact I suprised the company that makes it is still in business. See my post above.

Old 07-25-02, 09:29 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I installed a Pergo floor in my kitchen. It was very easy to install, looks beutiful, and has held up well to the traffic of 3 large dogs. The underlayment makes it very comfy to walk or stand on and by adding a little bit extra fixed a low spot in the floor. It cleans up very easyly with just water, but I am always careful to use water sparingly and dry it after I mop or if something gets spilled. Pergo seems to think it's water resistant but I'm wanting to be extra careful, just in case.
It's not cheap, but far less expensive than hardwood, and having had both, I like the Pergo better. I can't speak for any other brands.

Good luck!