Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Recreational Outdoor Activities > Sports
Reload this Page >

ACC Basketball fans, eat your hearts out....

Old 03-09-07, 04:55 PM
Group Moderator

Unexpectedly came into a pair of FREE tickets to THE ACC SEMI-FINALS TOMORROW AFTERNOON IN TAMPA!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOHHH YEAAAAAHHHH!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-07, 05:38 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Enjoy it while it lasts. The Big Ten is going to eat everyone's lunch.

Old 03-10-07, 05:07 AM
Group Moderator
Going to be an interesting NCAA for sure, lots of unexpected results from late season games and conference tournaments so far. Duke out in the first round of ACC?????

P.S. I never make statements like that, dave-o; usuallly bites me in the butt. Can you say NC State v. Houston (1983)?

Old 03-10-07, 06:13 AM
We used to love watching the Bearcats play but up here you can't help to notice how they have really stunk this year since getting rid of Huggins last year.

He has made his mistakes and for a while everyone thought he was scouting the prisons for players cause they were always getting into some kind of trouble "like our Bengals". I don't think it was a bright idea to fire him at all. It's not like he was a Bobby Knight or something.

Old 03-10-07, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy View Post
Going to be an interesting NCAA for sure, lots of unexpected results from late season games and conference tournaments so far. Duke out in the first round of ACC?????

P.S. I never make statements like that, dave-o; usuallly bites me in the butt. Can you say NC State v. Houston (1983)?
Ha. I like testing the gods.

And I WATCHED that game! I was in Texas, by my beach house 90 miles south of Houston. My girlfriend who was watching it with me got to see my ugly side. The Jim Valvano replay is famous and oft repeated, now that he is gone.

Old 03-10-07, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by mattison View Post
We used to love watching the Bearcats play but up here you can't help to notice how they have really stunk this year since getting rid of Huggins last year.

He has made his mistakes and for a while everyone thought he was scouting the prisons for players cause they were always getting into some kind of trouble "like our Bengals". I don't think it was a bright idea to fire him at all. It's not like he was a Bobby Knight or something.
Huggins made that team nationally prominant as did Al McQuire at Marquette, or P.J. Carlisimo at Seton Hall, ..and others like that.