Golfing tips and discussion

Old 03-14-07, 03:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Golfing tips and discussion

I can teach you things that I was never even taught by my golf coach in high school! Like how you can work on hitting the ball longer and how to get rid of your slice.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-07, 05:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You might think that if you take a real healthy rip at the ball with your war club driver that it should go 300 yards. And if you impress all your friends on the tee off by creating that big woosh of air sound when you take your practice swing, so that they might even chuckle and comment that you might knock the cover offf the ball and launch one like Adam Sandler......not necessarily so! And this is the secret:

It is not just how hard you swing. It is not even how many mph you generate in your swing. You must have that speed generated already by the time you hit the ball! That there is the key. The secret. This might sound silly, like, "Well duh!" But most people have not ever considered that. They only think that taking big swings should equal big results. And generating all that power at impact is not easy, while maintaining your balance and hitting the ball square ( a real necessity as well). It takes both brute strength AND tricks. Tricks are...not just having big arms, but by having a coordinated body shift. Excellent timing where you throw your hips into the ball at impoact the way Tiger does. And shifting your body weight from your left side to your right side (for right-handed golfers). Do you know he can bench press over 300 pounds? Now you know why he can hit it so far. That and his tremendous hip thrust.

A friend of mine could hit the ball at age 17, at weight of 195 pounds, 5' 10"..he could hit the ball with his persimmon driver (not the war club of today) 330 yards or more on the level with no wind! God be my witness. And it did not even look like he swung hard. What was his secret? He had a couple that I knew of. He was built like Jack Nicklaus with good balance (thick wristed with the same white hair in the arms as Jack). He worked out with weights. Not dumbells. Rather his dad taught him this and got him doing wrist curls winding up heavy weights on a rope. HIS secret was his strength was in his wrists. He would snap his wrists at the last second before impact. Something puny weaklings can't do. He also, believe it or not, teed the ball LOW. REAL low. If the ground was hard, he could literally cause an effect like when you squirt a wet bar of soap by pushing down on it. Also, this kept him concentrated on square impact and kept him from skying the ball. His balls took off like a rocket. They made a rocket sound as he launched his drives. He'd even reach a par 3 175 yard green with his 9 iron. Me and my dad (my dad was a champion golfer) used to go, "John, John, John...YOU don't use no 9 iron on a hole like this!" He was like, "Watch me!" And he'd launch it and he didnt' cheat either. By cheat, I mean hooding the club to make the 9 iron go like a 3 iron. Nope. His ball would go as high as a skyscraper and land on the green! My dad and me would just look at each other like..."How the **** can he DO that?!" I don't even know pros that can do that and he was 17! He could also go to the driving range on the course and drive the ball over the pavillions roof at the end of the range on a fly! Other long ball hitters were like 30 yards short! He was like a living anomoly.

So back to what I was saying; it is not how hard you swing. It is not how much air current noise you make, as most of that sound will have developed PAST when you should have struck the ball!!

Do I have any tricks to help you...if you can't bench 300 pounds?" Yes I do. Because *I* can't bench that either. Not even close. Yet I have driven 300 yards!

What you can do is talk to yourself and tell yorself that as you near impact...with all your might, you are going to snap your wrist and turn your wrist toward the ball so that it actually feels like your clubhead will be out in front of you. And do you know what?.....

By doing this, if you had a slice?...this will also cure your slice. Slices are caused by weak people trying to swing beyond their limitations and what happens is the clubhead lags behind and the clubface is outward at impact so that the clubface 'cuts' across the ball, imparting that spin. It is erroneous to assume that simply by swinging the club from outside to inside is what causes a slice. Not true. IF in your swing, your clubhead is out in front of the ball at impact..even if you are swinging from outside to inside, this will cause you to PULL the ball...not slice it. But in my mehtod, this CANNOT happen. What CAN happen is you might now actually find yourslef pulling or hooking a shot! And hooked balls go further!