Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Recreational Outdoor Activities > Sports
Reload this Page >

Perfect game not entirely perfect!

Old 07-24-09, 06:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

See the highlight reels? If it weren't for that sub outfielder, the pitcher would have not only lost his perfect game, but his no-hitter, as that ball was headed over the wall for a home run! The spectacular outfielders mad-dash to the wall, and his leap and catch up over the white stripe on the wall, saved the perfect game. So did a couple infield put outs.

A true perfect game should only be designated if nobody can get lumber on the ball. Where there are no defensive heroics and/or luck. Where it is all pitcher. You know - like Herman Munster was pitching, or something. Because if what they called yesterday was deemed a perfect game - then what could you possibly call such a game where no hitter could even touch the ball? And of al the 18 perfect games ever - I wonder if that has ever happened?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-09, 07:46 AM
there would be no perfect game

Hats off to Buerle, I am not Sox fan (Twins) but they are on a roll and this will help the team mentally heading into the fall. As to the perfect game that would be difficult at this level. They are going to hit the ball at some point. That was an awsome grab at he timed it just right. The announcer on espn had it right when he said "stake diner for the outfielder". The one thing I don't like though is same umpire behind the plate for both of his no hitters. I bet if you go back and look at game there were a lot of balls that were caleed strikes that could have gone either way.

Old 07-24-09, 08:01 AM
Group Moderator
Was that the same ump behind the plate who called a third strike (for a third out) a ball the night before thereby allowing the Sox to stay in the inning, take the lead and win the game the night before?

Old 07-24-09, 03:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah. When I too heard it was the same ump, I went, "Ahhhhhh. Hmmmmm. (as in, 'I smell a rat'.)

Ever see the Herman Munster/Leo Durocher episode/) LOL.