Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Recreational Outdoor Activities > Sports
Reload this Page > NCAAF Championship game 1-7-10 had no winner?

NCAAF Championship game 1-7-10 had no winner?

Old 01-08-10, 07:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
NCAAF Championship game 1-7-10 had no winner?

Star quarterback knocked out of entire game on only the 4th play of the game. That team went on to lose. How can the other team feel like it really won, when opponent's Heisman-finalist quarterback gets knocked out of game?

This made the game a real dud, IMO. I think the network knew that too, right then and there, and hoped not too many viewers would turn off the game.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-10, 07:15 PM
Group Moderator
Yerah, sort of made the whole thing kind of anti-climatic; would rather have seen an Alabama-Florida rematch.

Old 01-08-10, 07:58 PM
Or see Boise State take on Alabama.

I LUV that Boise State. I have often wondered what is it that makes a coach worth so much more money as a big time 1-A coach as compared to some high school coach. And then when I consider the coach for Boise State, he seems like a real thinker. Someone who does not simply run the normal drills, plays and such that even high school coaches do. But devises game winning plays where even David can slay Goliath. That's my kinda guy.

Old 01-11-10, 06:53 PM
Colt McCoy was not injured before the game. He wasn't sick.

The Texas quarterback was knocked out of the game by a vicious, legal tackle by an Alabama player. That is how they feel like they won.

Made it a less interesting game, maybe, but there is no loss of accomplishment to the Alabama team.

Old 01-12-10, 05:11 AM
Group Moderator
And besides, Alabama is an SEC team.

Old 01-13-10, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by 1Helmet1 View Post
Colt McCoy was not injured before the game. He wasn't sick.

The Texas quarterback was knocked out of the game by a vicious, legal tackle by an Alabama player. That is how they feel like they won.

Made it a less interesting game, maybe, but there is no loss of accomplishment to the Alabama team.
If you had played the Cleveland Cavaliers and LeBron was out of action that day, and you won - would you really feel like you won? If you won a golf tournament and Tiger Woods did not play, would you really feel you were top banana?

Old 01-22-10, 11:23 AM
If Lebron got knocked out of a game it would have to be from a flagrant foul and that would result in an ejection. No, I would not feel like I won.

If Phil Mickelson was behind and went and tackled Tiger on the 18th green at Sawgrass, that would not be allowed and Phil would get eliminated as there is no tackling in golf.

Colt gets knocked out of the game because he takes a vicious hit. This is football and good hits count. Hell yes, I would feel like I won.

And, by the way, they did win.

Search this Thread