Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Recreational Outdoor Activities > Sports
Reload this Page >

Hate losing, better than love winning!

Old 11-20-10, 12:52 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

Ever hear that expression? For me, it rings true.

As an example, with a little twist, I had to look up the pairings and results of state footbal championships, since I have not been home to hear the news. Found out my team lost in quarterfinals. Disappointed, I looked up a regular state rival of theirs. They each have won several state championships in recent history. The rival beat my team a couple times on way to the state title. But I found out last night that they too lost, and were previously undefeated. Ha, ha. That made my day. Two losers, yet now I was happy.

On a simpler note, I have gotten really mad when my college team loses. Yet, when they win, I am initlally glad, but soon get over the euphoria. But if they lose, it stays with me for along time.

Old 11-21-10, 05:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
As Vince Lombardi said...winning isn't everything.....it's the only thing. And a tie is as exciting as kissing your sister.
If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, why do they keep score??

Last edited by chandler; 11-21-10 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-09-10, 06:08 AM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
College football

It used to really affect me when my team won or lost.... I still love to watch them play but as I aged it just didnt make any sence to let 19 and 20 year kids playing a game affect how I was feeling for a day or a week. I cant control anything they do and I dont let what they do control me. Now it is just great entertainment, happy for the kids when they are successful and support them win or loose. What they do on the field does not affect my paycheck one penny!! ( I dont bet)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: