What A Guy

Old 01-27-13, 05:50 PM
What A Guy

My nephew won the Subway Challenge in Duluth today. After bowling 13 games to reach the finals his first game was a 300 followed by a 267 to win two out of three. That comes out to 22 of a possible 24 strikes.

Like Earl Anthony, he's left handed. I just can't imagine bowling 15 games in one day and a 300 at the end. He was tuckered.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-13, 07:57 PM
Group Moderator
Awesome.....tuckered to say the least

Old 01-28-13, 04:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Congratulations Baldwin. I know you are proud. Some think bowling is an easy sport, when in reality it can take it all out of you.

On a side note, my father in law was a consistent high bowler in his leagues in Florida. When he crashed his plane in Laos (we weren't there, BTW) he lost his right arm from the elbow down. Not to be pushed away from his favorite sport, he began bowling left handed to a point where we was back at the 300 mark, astonishing everyone.

Old 01-29-13, 06:24 AM
Congrads Baldwin.

Nice to see it's still a reasonably popular sport down there. Here, we lost all our bowling allies exacpt for 1 and it's too hard to get into with the leagues taking it over all the time.

Old 02-20-13, 09:54 AM
Finally remembered to write my nephew, mid 30's, and says that he has seven 300 games in league and a high series of 824. Much better than I ever did.

Yeah, bowling alleys seem to be going the way of the drive-in theater. Whilst at the tournament my sister and BIL were talking to the owner and told him he needs to push junior bowling which turns into your future customers. He agreed.

I bowled in junior league and loved it except for the 2 mile walk in the winter to get there.

Old 02-20-13, 04:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
the 2 mile walk in the winter to get there.
PLEASE don't tell us it was uphill both ways . Got tired of my dad saying that when I was a kid.

Old 02-21-13, 04:12 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Never heard of a trip to the bowling alley being up hill both ways but remember being told that about going to school..... they must have had mobile schools back then

Old 02-22-13, 06:05 AM
Google Earth says it was only 1.61 miles but my legs were shorter then. Downhill both ways.