Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Recreational Outdoor Activities > Sports
Reload this Page >

Ok...3 racing questions/statements

Old 05-25-14, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

1. Why no coverage of Monaco? Anyone know if it's going to be shown on one of the sports channels later or tomorrow? I only have the basic channels, ESPN 1&2 and FS1 (which I'm still po'd about SPEED being gone. No more PINKS, Pass Time, Windtunnel, Aussie V8 Supercars, etc).

2. Pretty good Indy 500 this year (although still kinda boring IMO). I'm really amazed that Kurt Busch finished as well as he did. 6th in his first race, that's pretty darn impressive. Esp with another 600 miles ahead of him.

3. Here's the real question. When Nascar was planning to go to FI, one of the things I remember was that they said you wouldn't see the flames out the tailpipe (sidepipe really) when they let off the gas anymore. Well, it just occurred to me, that you still see it. Any explanations??

PS...man Stewart-Hass has a heck of a team don't they?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-14, 04:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
#1 - I don't know but I miss the SPEED channel also

#2 - I agree, I've never been a big Kurt Busch fan but him and his brother can drive

#3 - I never heard that but the main difference is the Indy cars use a different fuel [can't see the flame when it burns] also they may have figured that fuel injection would be more efficient so there wouldn't be any unburnt fuel going out the tailpipe.

Old 05-26-14, 08:13 AM
I'm showing the Monaco Grand Prix on NBCSC tonight at 11:30 to 2 AM.

Last 6 laps at Indy were pretty interesting.