taekwondo

Old 07-16-02, 05:25 PM
taekwondo

Does anyone know of a website (there are tons of them out there) that contain the forms for Songahm Tae? I've found all types of forms, but apparently there aren't many sites that deal with the Songham style forms.

I hear of video tapes, and handbooks, but can't find those in the stores (online or otherwise) that deal with this specific style. I'm sure that I can purchase them from the school where my son practices, however, due to money limitations I cannot always afford to "support" the school this way and continue his lessons, too.

I'm basically looking for "tutor" type materials. Nothing to replace his lessons, simply enhance them.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. For those studying other forms, I found a site that is called the Taekwondo Tutor. It has video clips of the correct way to do kicks, punches, etc. The address is: http://tkdtutor.com/index.html

Really nice site, other than it doesn't deal much with the Songahm forms and one-steps.

Kay

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-05, 04:16 PM
theadric
Visiting Guest
Songham Tae Kwon Do

(Assuming your young one attends an ATA School) Songham Taekwondo usually is a closed community. They do not let much of that propritary information be available to the general public. You must get the information from them. However many people move on from training with them, and often you can find the books and videos in your local used books stores and or thrift stores. In no way do I mean any offence to any said orginizations. I only mean to state my observations and opinions. they do have good things to teach anyone.

Old 09-14-05, 05:07 PM
theadric

I actually did find the tapes I was looking for on eBay. My youngest and I are no longer taking taekwondo, for reasons I won't state here.

The tapes were so helpful to us when trying to remember moves or parts of a form. It could in no shape or form take the place of instruction in the proper techniques (to keep from hurting yourself) but was a tremendous help to us at home.

I do understand the need to support your school and try to purchase items through them. However, it appears that some sports are not intended for those that don't have a lot of money to fund them. I guess that applies to all sports done outside of school or a community program.

Thanks for your reply!

Kay