Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Insect, Pests and Animal Control. Home Pets and Farm Animals > Termite and Wood Boring Insects
Reload this Page >

Digging in the ground in the same areas after subterrain termite treatment

Old 01-31-15, 07:34 AM
M
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts

I have a bit of a dilemma.

I found live subterrain termites inside the house. The pest control company came and did a perimeter treatment several weeks ago. Basically, they drilled holes where I had a concrete walkway, holes every 16", and put some fluids down. Where I have no walkway, they dug a shallow trench along the outside wall, and put in some fluids, and put the dirt back into the trench. They told me it will take several weeks for it to kill the colony, and this thing they put down is Termidor and will last five years or more.

I asked if it rains (like in South Florida we have heavy rain every day), will it dilute and wash off this chemical, they said no.

OK now, I have a drywood termite tenting by this same company out this week to do a tenting.

The way the tent is done, they put tarps all over the entire structure. At the base of the structure, they dug a trench along the wall, at the SAME EXACT SPOT where the sub term crew dug the trench, they laid the tarp on the ground, then the threw dirt over the base of the tarp to anchor it down.

So now the soil where they put liquid down for the sub terms are totally disturbed and thrown around.

Is this OK? Will it negatively impact the effects of the chemicals they have put down for the sub terms?

Old 02-02-15, 06:25 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 45 Votes on 39 Posts
How deep did they dig? Did they replace the same soil back in to the same trench?

As sandy as your soil is Iím sure the termiticide went down deeper than it does where soil has more clay and such. I wouldnít worry about it but maybe you should call the subterranean termite treating company.

Old 02-02-15, 04:45 PM
M
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I think when they did the sub terms treatment, they dug a trench about 4" or so. Once they soaked the soil with the liquid termicide, they pushed the soil back into the trench.

The drywood tenting crew dug in the same spots, probably deeper, about 6" or so, because they put the tarp into the trench, then they threw the dirt onto the base of the tarp to "weight" it down. When finished, the pulled the tarp up and the dirt went everywhere.

Yes it is somewhat sandy soil.

Old 02-03-15, 06:50 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 45 Votes on 39 Posts
I donít think itís anything to worry about. Thanks for keeping us updated throughout all of your project.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: