Taurus SC plus Sentricon?

Old 06-19-20, 04:19 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Taurus SC plus Sentricon?

We had several rounds of swarmers in our converted barn early this spring, over the course of 2-3 weeks. Called a pest company, and they installed Sentricon. The pest co came to check on the stations a week ago and found activity in two of them, both on the same side of the structure (without stone, see below).

I feel a little helpless and nervous just relying on the bait stations, and am wondering if it would make sense to supplement them with trenching around the perimeter with Taurus SC. It’s a bit of a tricky set up, with stone patios on three sides of the structure, but on the stone sides I could trench next to the stones (drilling would be very difficult—the building is built into a hill, and one of the patios is 4 feet thick), for a wider perimeter.

Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.

Best,
Craig

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-20, 05:04 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 487 Votes on 448 Posts
I cannot comment on Sentricon and Taurus SC but we have an extermination expert that will hopefully be along soon. I will say that unless you do a proper installation of Taurus SC you are leaving a path open for the termites. I recently had an infestation that got into a old section of my warehouse who's roof is wood framed. The exterior perimeter (two walls) was treated by trenching but the other two walls are within the newer, steel warehouse expansion building. The floors in that area, on both sides of the wall were drilled and the insecticide injected below the concrete slab. In one area this required drilling through more than 18" of concrete. Yes, it was a pain but a rotary hammer and long drill bits did the job without much trouble. It just took extra time.

Old 06-19-20, 06:16 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 26 Votes on 24 Posts
Taurus SC (any of the fipronil based termiticides) would be a good supplement to baiting systems. Non-repellents are the only subterranean termiticide I'd use in conjunction with baiting systems. I advise strongly against doing anything without co-ordinating it with the current pest control operator. You could void the warranty and contract and lose the current operator. I'm not aware that you can buy sentricon over the counter like you can with other brands.

Baiting systems and strategy, be it for insects, rodent, termites, takes time. When something is chewing on our structure, it can feel interminable.

I guess I don't understand what is 4" thick? I can't imagine a patio slab is that deep? The sides may be in order to support the slab because of the slope, but I doubt the slab itself is 4" deep.