Installing a Honeywell Vision Pro Thermostat

Old 10-12-08, 03:05 PM
Exclamation Installing a Honeywell Vision Pro Thermostat

Hello i am new to this it is my first time posting so if i do it all wrong i hope everyone understands lol. OK what i have here is a Payne heating and cooling system approximately 3 years old. It is a natural gas unit. It has a Bryant thermostat installed to it currently. I bought a Honeywell vision pro 8000 touch screen unit the exact part number for it is a th8321u1006. I tried hooking it up as it said in the manual and i had nothing but problems. the ac and the heat was on at the same time etc. what a mess. I have the following wires to work with 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 blue, and 1 white . If someone could help me on where to put these wires it would be great. I also am not to sure about the settings in the menu it has . I was wondering if i need to change anything in the menu or if i can leave the defaults that it came with from the factory? Thanks alot for any help and it is very appreciated. Jory

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-08, 03:47 PM
What letters are the colored wires on?

Who put this in?

The t-stat menu should be set up to match your heating equipment.. Is the furnace a single stage or two stage furnace? (Model#?)

Old 10-12-08, 04:34 PM
well im installing it myself was told it is fairly easy to do. i currently do not have any wires hooked up at all i installed the old one again till i could get this figured out. i originally had the red wire on the rc and that one has a jumper to the r. i had the white wire on the w. had the yellow on the y. green on the g. and blue on the c. here is a link to my unit i have at home im not sure if it is a single or a two stage but this is all the specs that it shows on the payne web site

http://www.catalog.payne.com/gen/pro...PRD609,00.html

I hope that helps out thank you very much for the help on this

Jory

Old 10-12-08, 04:39 PM
the model number for this unit is pg9mab sorry i forgot to put that in there .

Old 10-12-08, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Oldscutlass View Post
i originally had the red wire on the rc and that one has a jumper to the r. i had the white wire on the w. had the yellow on the y. green on the g. and blue on the c.
You got it right from what I can see at the t-stat.

Go to the furnace itself, and make sure those letters are matching.

FYI, Y and C should have another set of wires that goes to the A/C outside.

Check the installer set up menu. It should be these settings below.

170-1
180-0
220-3
240-3
280-1

If any other questions please post back.

Old 10-13-08, 12:01 AM
Smile

thanks very much for the info jay im at work at the moment but as oon as i get home ill hook it back up and check those settings hopefully that takes care of the problem. ill let you know how it turns out thanks again . Jory

Old 10-13-08, 05:14 AM
Glad to help out Jory. Will be here if you have futher questions.

These stat are easy stat, but may of been something that was over looked when you put it in.

Old 10-13-08, 03:49 PM
Well i went through and changed them settings hooked it up and it works perfect now no problems at all that i can see. Thanks a lot for all your help its very appreciated. Glad there is people out there that are willing to lend a helping hand i will definitely be hanging around here and willing to give any advise i have from my own home projects i have done here. Thanks again Jay !!

Jory

Old 10-13-08, 03:56 PM
Glad to help you out.

Did you see any setting that was not the same of what I suggest?

Old 10-13-08, 06:30 PM
Well actually there was two of them that i had to change. On my stat the 240 was set at 5 for a 90% efficiently or below i changed to to 3 for a 90%+ efficiently unit and the other was the 180 it was set at 1 which is the thermostat controls the fan. i had to switch that to 0 so the heating and cooling equipment controls the fan. After i switched those two and hooked the wires back up and power on the unit it works flawlessly. Now i just need to set up my heating and cooling program and ill be all set. So far this stat is very nice and I'm very happy i bought it out of all the options i had. Thanks again Jay for all the help

Jory

Old 10-13-08, 08:05 PM
Honeywell did a very good job with that stat. I had that model for about 2 years, then upgraded to the IAQ model.

Over the years of program stats, my parents never could figure out how to program it.. I changed it out to the VP, and now mom knows how to program it.