Replacing Thermostat

Old 12-04-08, 06:54 PM
Y
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replacing Thermostat

Hi,
I am replacing my non-programmable thermostat (Honeywell TH3210) with a programmable (Honeywell RTH2310).

The wiring for the TH3210 is as follows:
Brown - E
White - AUX
Yellow - Y
Green - G
Orange - O
Red - R
Blue -C

The new one RTH2310 only has
RH
RC
W
Y
G
Which I figure I will connect the wires: White (W), Yellow (Y) Green (G), I have no idea what colored wires go in the RH and RC slot.

I would greatly appreciate your help!
Yvonne

Old 12-04-08, 08:08 PM
The RTH2310 is not the correct t-stat. It will not work with your heat pump system.

What is wrong with the t-stat or why the change?

Old 12-05-08, 10:47 AM
Y
The one I currently have is not a programmable one and I would like to be able to program it, that's the only reason. The builders wants to charge me $200 to replace the thermostat and I no problem changing out the thermostat in my apartment but this is completly different. Which one would you recommend, I have central heat/Air - if that helps!

Thanks for the reply

Old 12-05-08, 02:48 PM
Heat pump with electric heat (if that is what you got?) back up is not an ideal thing to do the set back on.. When it come back on to recover from set back, it going to turn on the back up heat to recover, rather than the heat pump itself to keep the steady temps.

If you are willing to pay more to do the set back, then go with the Honeywell RTH7500 or RTH7600.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: