Quick Honeywell RTH7500 wiring questions

Old 02-22-10, 12:27 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Quick Honeywell RTH7500 wiring questions

Hello,

I have just a couple questions on the wiring of my new thermostat. The thermostat is a Honeywell RTH7500 and my system is a multi-stage heat pump with aux backup. I don’t have the model of my current thermostat or my Heating/AC units. Thought I would just throw out a feeler to see if anyone knew what to do based on the information that I provided, and would get the extras if needed. Lastly, I will preface this by saying that I have scoured the internet (this site included) for an answer to my question prior to posting, but was unable to find exactly what I was looking for.

Currently there are 9 wires feeding into my thermostat, but only 7 are hooked up. They are as follows

C- Black
W2 – Blue
R – Red
E – White
G – Green
O – Orange
Y – Yellow
Pink – not connected
Brown – not connect

My new thermostat has 9 connection spots and the following letters. Here is what I am pretty sure of so far, but there are still a few wires that need a home…

C – Black
G – Green
Y – Yellow
O/B – Orange
RC – jumped to R
R – Red
Aux - ?
E - ? Maybe still white, but not 100% sure
L - ?

Any ideas on Aux, E and L? Also, does anyone know if the wires not currently connected do anything? It does say in the manual if your current thermostat has a W2 connection to call a contractor.

Thanks for the time.

Old 02-22-10, 07:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
C – Black
G – Green
Y – Yellow
O/B – Orange
RC & R – Red
Aux - blue
E - white

option 170 = 7