How to change installer functions on Honeywell Prestige HD?

Old 07-24-10, 09:57 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to change installer functions on Honeywell Prestige HD?

I have just installed a Honeywell Prestige HD, and all is fine except that I need to change the setting on installer function 190, "Reversing valve". Should take me 1 minute, right? 2 hours later, I am posting here in desperation. How do I change this setting? In the installer menu there are lots of settings, but no numbers, and no setting called "Reversing valve". Supposedly you can update settings via USB - is that the only way to change this setting? I tried it, but there is nothing in the install guide about how to do it, and all the things I tried failed. All help greatly appreciated.

Old 07-24-10, 10:58 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
In installer setup #190 set to either O or B. Set to O to energize the reversing valve in cooling or B to energize the reversing valve in heating.

Old 07-24-10, 11:37 AM
H
Thanks for taking the time to reply - I appreciate it! I know I need to set it to O. Currently it is set to B. My question is not what to set it to, my question is how do I set it to O? What do I have do in order to change the value of #190 from B to O? What do I press on the keypad to do this?

Old 07-24-10, 12:55 PM
J
Originally Posted by hyslopc View Post
Thanks for taking the time to reply - I appreciate it! I know I need to set it to O. Currently it is set to B. My question is not what to set it to, my question is how do I set it to O? What do I have do in order to change the value of #190 from B to O? What do I press on the keypad to do this?
Page 8 in the installation manual.

Old 07-24-10, 01:08 PM
H
Originally Posted by jeggs View Post
Page 8 in the installation manual.
That page tells me how to get into the installer menu (works - no problem). It then says I should use "CREATE SETUP" or "VIEW/EDIT CURRENT SETUP". I've done both of those - neither provides any option to enter a numeric setting, and neither provides a setting with a name resembling "Reversing valve".

So - how do I change setting #190 "Reversing valve"?

Old 07-24-10, 01:24 PM
H
Found it! I had to change the system type from "Conventional" to "Heat pump" - then the setting appeared! And now AC seems to work.

I now need to verify if heating works, and I am a bit confused. My old thermostat had an O wire and a W2 wire. None of the wiring examples in the install guide match that - none of them indicate use of the W2 wire. Should it be connected to AUX?

I have a Carrier FC4CNF060.

Old 07-24-10, 01:34 PM
J
Originally Posted by hyslopc View Post
Found it! I had to change the system type from "Conventional" to "Heat pump" - then the setting appeared! And now AC seems to work.

I now need to verify if heating works, and I am a bit confused. My old thermostat had an O wire and a W2 wire. None of the wiring examples in the install guide match that - none of them indicate use of the W2 wire. Should it be connected to AUX?

I have a Carrier FC4CNF060.
W2 goes to the AUX/E terminal. Make sure you have the thermostat system type setup correctly for YOUR exact system. Single stage/dual stage cooling, single stage/dual stage/aux heating etc. Also there are two rows of labels for the terminals on the thermostat sub base. One for conventional and one for heat pump. make sure you are reading the right row of labels.

Old 07-24-10, 01:40 PM
H
THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR HELP! Really appreciate it. Turns out I have a 2H/1C Heat Pump, and it was wired correctly. Now that I changed the system mode from Conventional to Heat Pump, everything appears to be working perfectly. THANK YOU!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: