Thermostat wiring help!

Old 09-18-10, 01:35 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thermostat wiring help!

I have a 2 stage Trane XL80 gas furnace with a Trane XE1000 AC unit. I am replaceing the thermostat that came with the sysem which is a taystat241 with a Honeywell rth6350. I took the old thermostat off and I believe I tagged a wire or two wrong. When I hooked up the new one it did not work so I put the old one back on to make sure it was not the wiring. When I did this it still did not work I can not find the wiring diagram anywhere. The wires are as listed.

Red, White, Blue, Yellow, Tan, Green.

The hookup areas are

W1,W2,R,Y1,G1,B

Old 09-18-10, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevekelch View Post
When I hooked up the new one it did not work so I put the old one back on to make sure it was not the wiring. When I did this it still did not work.
Did you turn off the power when you did this? If you wired it wrong, you may of blown the fuse on the furnace.

This how it suppose to be wired. The colors don't me any good. If you think you got the colors mixed up, then you need to go to the furnace and make notes what colored wires to where.

Old-----New
W2------W2
G1------G
W-------W1
W2-----W2
R-------R/Rc

B is not used anymore since the new stat doesn't have C. Tape it off, and tuck it into the wall.

Installer set up menu.

1-7
3-0
5-2
6-3
13-1

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: