Trane xv95 stat

Old 11-01-10, 09:50 AM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trane xv95 stat

I have a trane xv95 with heat pump and a Trane XR402 Thermostat. The xv95 has a variable speed blower which can be set, I blelieve, with the current thermostat. The XR402 is not programmable so I have been looking at some new Honeywell touchpad progrmmable thermostats (RTH7600D1022). While the Honeywell Thermostats are programmable, I do not see where they support the variable speed blower. I am not seeing it anywhere in the specs for the stats unless I am just not looking at the right thing. I am not that familliar with the variable speed as well. I think the XR402 has a setting where you can set the Blower at a certain percentage which then determines the blower speed. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Old 11-01-10, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by z7one1 View Post
The xv95 has a variable speed blower which can be set, I blelieve,
Correct, it's a variable speed blower.

The XR402 is not programmable so I have been looking at some new Honeywell touch pad programmable thermostats (RTH7600D1022).
That will be a "downgrade" I'd suggest the Honeywell IAQ If you have A/C, humidifier and other things.

I do not see where they support the variable speed blower.
Correct. The 400 is the only stat out there that can let you change the blower speed.

Old 11-02-10, 05:24 AM
Z
Thanks, it looks like I am on the right track. I will look into the Honeywell IAQ and see if that is a good fit. Thanks for your help.

Old 11-02-10, 07:17 AM
If you step away from the 400 or IAQ, you will lose the dehumidity control for your A/C.

If you go with IAQ, you could gain controling your humidifier, HRV/Vent system, and outdoor sensor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: