Installed new thermostat, killing fuses when switching to heat

Old 11-01-10, 10:41 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installed new thermostat, killing fuses when switching to heat

Hello all,

My upstairs and downstairs thermostats are both newer and apparently wired wrong. I went by the manual and I keep referring back to it but it looks like it's wired correctly according to that which is causing me a migraine, lots of confusion, and a cold miserable family. They are both Lux TX900TS thermostats. The A/C and fan work fine but when switching to heat it kills the fuses instantly. Can I get assistance on this please? Below are pictures of the way it's currently wired. Top picture is downstairs and bottom picture is downstairs.

Also in response to the sticky.
"When you do post for help, please provide us the make and model # of the new and old thermostat itself, furnace/air handler, outdoor unit, and how many wires you have in the wall"

I unfortunately no longer have the old thermostats as the A/C worked fine all summer and didn't think to test the heat. What do I need to find out about the furnace? I have an A/C unit and does the heat as well. I hope the pictures of the wires help.

Old 11-01-10, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by carsnrockmusic View Post
My upstairs and downstairs thermostats are both newer and apparently wired wrong.
A glace at the wire, the O and B are both wired up. If you have a heat pump, (I'm guessing you do since you said you have a/c that heats) only one of the two can be hooked up.

it kills the fuses instantly.
Fuse on the furnace board?

What do I need to find out about the furnace? I have an A/C unit and does the heat as well.
I'd like to know what the make and model of both indoor and out door unit so we can check on this.

Old 11-03-10, 07:43 AM
C
I have dual stage I just found out. Heat pump and electric. I found out that I have the wrong thermostat that's not set up for dual stage and that is where my issue lies.

Old 11-03-10, 09:04 AM
I take it you got the right t-stat, and now it's fine?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: