Trane xl20I dealer sold me a bag and now need help please

Old 11-03-10, 01:16 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Trane xl20I dealer sold me a bag and now need help please

Hi all I have a new comfort control II with a trane t stat full communicating system...It is working well but the dealer told me and sold me a 2 zone setup he never made the zone system to work...Now I read allover the place that you cannot zone this system.. I under stand but I have brunch of parts he left and I think if someone out there could fire the just the cooling part of the system i could make this work

I have and it is hooked up this way

1 w8835 Zone panel Honeywell

http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell...ll/68_0258.pdf

1 thm5421c hooked to the panel and a damper already installed in the attic good to go is there a way that the panel and stat could fire the xl20i temp over riding the comfort control system when the room the Honeywell stat calls for cold I just need to be able to cool this room on demand...

The damper and stat is working in the panel fine panel not hooked to the xl20i air handler

Many thanks in advance

Robert

Old 11-03-10, 06:39 PM
I don't know how you can make this work....

I'd call the dealer to take this out and put in a non-communicating system, then hook up the two zone as you paid for.

Old 11-04-10, 06:29 AM
R
in the wind so I need to find a way to install a relay or something I can trigger the ac from that panel I understand that a std hookup is not possible and by doing such a patch will discount the comfort system while the over ride is in effect but it will return to normal in the ideal state there has to be a spot in the wiring that will allow a override to connect to.

Old 11-04-10, 06:50 AM
We could hook up one of the stat and zone, but the other zone will NOT work since the the stat on the air handler is not a matching type.

And I don't understand why the dealer just left this for you, I hope you didn't pay them since they didn't put in the correct system as they quoted you.

Old 11-04-10, 07:37 AM
R
First Thanks for the help!

Yes he was paid and left me in the dirt is there away that i can hard wire a switch on off to the unit with out messing with the stats?

If there is then i could hook up a relay to the control that i have and bingo i have a on off that will also control the damper unit and kick the ac when i need it for this one room when it gets hot. when not being used the system will work with the normal stat comfort system a override switch setup ?

Old 11-05-10, 11:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
Trane's communicating system will not work with a zone system at this time.
This is surprising, and I hope this will change in the not too distant future.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: