Carrier programmable thermostat problems

Old 11-03-10, 06:37 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier programmable thermostat problems

I have a 3 zone baseboard heating system. I am only having problems with my 2nd floor heat. My 1st and 2nd floors have the same Carrier programmable thermostat installed by ConEd (NYC). ComfortZone™ II Control Models: ZONECC2KIT01-B, ZONECC4KIT01-B, ZONECC8KIT01-B
When the thermostat reaches the programmed temp it doesn’t always go on or keeps the temp at the programmed setting. If the temp is set for 68 I will check it and it may be 66. I called ConEd and they said that if the arrow indicator is on while in heat mode then the unit is working and the problem is with the heating system. Other than the thermostat what could be the problem? I’m thinking the thermostat indicator light may be faulty. Is there a way I can override the thermostat to show that it is faulty. I know little about heating systems so simple words are good. Thanks

Old 11-03-10, 07:24 PM
Is there two stat on this set up, or one stat and remote sensor?

Old 11-04-10, 01:10 AM
B
actually there are 3 stats alltogether. the basement has a manual one. the 2 carrier stats each have their own remote sensor.

Old 11-04-10, 06:54 AM
Do you have a meter? Take a reading at the zone board, and see if you are getting a reading from W.

If you are getting reading from W, and then check the wire going to your zone valve for that zone.

Old 11-07-10, 03:07 PM
B
Originally Posted by Jay11J View Post
Do you have a meter? Take a reading at the zone board, and see if you are getting a reading from W.

If you are getting reading from W, and then check the wire going to your zone valve for that zone.
I'm confused. I have a water meter but the heating system is a closed system it does not draw water.

What I’m trying to do is determine if my thermostat needs to be replaced or I need to call in a heating repair guy. I want to see if my heat comes on by overriding the thermostat. I thought I could do this by removing the thermostat and connecting the wires and see if the heat comes on. If it does then I would think the thermostat is bad. There are 4 wires connected to the thermostat red, white, green, and yellow. Can I touch wires together and see if the heat comes on and if so which wires do I connect. Thanks….

Old 11-07-10, 05:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
I believe we are speaking of using a multimeter to read for 24 volts between W and C.

ZoneCC8kit...

Seems like the listed zone kit would not use 2 programmable stats. Maybe you have one of Carriers other zone control boards?

Old 11-07-10, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Houston204 View Post
I believe we are speaking of using a multimeter to read for 24 volts between W and C.
Correct. If you don't have that, then we won't be able to help you with out know what's going on.

Old 11-08-10, 07:51 PM
B
Wow, thanks for looking into this but the diagrams do not look familiar. Other than a thermostat the only other piece of equipment there is is a “remote unit.” A box approx 12” by 12” with an antenna so that I can use the thermostat on line. Is this what you are referring to?

Again I do not know alot about heating as you can probably tell. Thanks..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: