Heil T874R1673 to Honeywell Prestige SD YTHX9321R101 wiring help

Old 11-18-10, 01:45 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Heil T874R1673 to Honeywell Prestige SD YTHX9321R101 wiring help

I am in the process of changing out a Heil T874R1673 tstat to the Honeywell Prestige. Current wiring on the Heil has W B G R O Y. The new Honeywell digital has O/B as a single on a single terminal.

While I haven't put a meter on the old tstat yes, I came across another post replacing the same Heil tstat to a newer programmable but not the one I have, that indicated the B wire is a common and should go to the C term on new Honeywell.

So, I am assuming that the wiring should look like this:

Heil Prestige

O O
W Aux/E
Y Y
G G
B C
R R/Rc

Is that correct? Thanks for any help.

Bill

Old 11-18-10, 03:40 PM
B is the change over valve for Heat Pump or hot water zone valve.. Do you have that? If it just gas furnace w/ A/C, then You may want to go to the furnace and see where the "B" wire goes to.

Old 11-18-10, 05:11 PM
B
Jay ... It's a Heil heat pump. Wouldn't O from the old Heil tstat be the change over wire? Of course, if needed, I can climb under the craw and see where it actually goes on the handler. I noted in the new Honeywell tstat settings, it says to go in to setup and select the O or B setting in setup.

Guess this won't be as easy as I had thought. the only wire issue is the B from the old mercury stat to the new digital.

Bill

Old 11-18-10, 08:32 PM
I looked up the stat and it shows for heat pump. I'm guessing that it is going no where, so that why I'm asking for you to go and look.

Old 11-20-10, 08:00 AM
B
Thanks Jay.. As an FYI, the B on the old tstat does go to the C on the new Honeywell digital. Climber under the crawl space AND also found the main air handler wiring diagram that also shows the C going to the tstat.

Thanks for the help!

Bill

Old 11-20-10, 08:10 AM
Ok, Just want to be sure before you wire it up and ruin the new t-stat. If B was for sure C, then yes, it's right.

Old 11-20-10, 11:55 AM
B
Jay ...

Appreciated the guidance. Most functions work fine but I fear the new Honeywell is defective. I am unable to go into the installer options and set the system type or the O/B selection so when cool is called, I get heat.... when I go in and select view/edit, the icon highlights and after about 15 seconds, the tstat simply reboots. Never ever shows any setting to be changed. The installer setup icon does the same thing. Other than that, everything else works fine.

Will be on the phone to the dealer first thing Monday. I amy try to change out the CR2032 battery first though in case this has been sitting on the shelf for years.

Old 11-20-10, 07:59 PM
I have not been around these stat yet. so If you don't do anything for 15 sec it's leaving the menu?

Old 11-21-10, 04:11 AM
B
Yep! No options to edit ever show up. The selection just stays highlighted then the stat reboots. You can't even exit but just have to wait for it to reset. Will call the distributor tomorrow but I suspect it's a bad one.

Old 11-21-10, 06:38 AM
Does this stat work without it being on the wall?

If not, then yeah, you may have a bad stat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: