tekmar 510: can't do temporary overide

Old 12-08-10, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
tekmar 510: can't do temporary overide

i've got 2 of these doing different things. but with one of them i hit a snag. I have only the slab sensor activated and the other sensors set to off. I tried to do a temporary overide today and nothing happened. instructions say merely to show the view menu, press item until temp shows and press up or down switch. instructions show "OVR Tmpy " shows on the display. since i have only 1 sensor, the temp at that sensor is all that shows in the view menu.when i press up or down nothing happens. pressing the item does nothing as there are no other items (sensors) activated. additional info, there are no over rides selected ("none" selected in sched menu) and memo on bottom of display in view mode just show" Heat". seems so simple, but just does not allow a temporary over ride. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-10, 04:52 PM
I've never seen or been around this brand of stat. Will have to do some digging here. I take it you have radiatn floor heat since you are using sensor only? Why not air temp?

Old 12-12-10, 09:50 AM
well, its a long story, but i got the idea from a response in the hvac forum where i posed my problem. i do have one of these running a hydronic floor. and it works fine, averaging the slab sensor and the air temp. the other one uses the slab sensor to monitor the temp of an indoor endless pool that is heated during the day by an evacuated 75 tube solar array, and at night by a boiler. they both share the boiler loop. I use this so that the boiler can maintain the temp of the pool at 84 during the night, and it will usually gain about 5-6 degrees during the day. ideal swim temp is about 89-90. using the 4 time slot options, i can have the boiler keeping the pool at a minimum temp during the night but not heating it so much i dump solar generated heat during the day. i cannot have the boiler running during the day or it heats the glycol twice, once by the boiler and again by the solar array. only 1 system can run at a time. i have been tuning this off and on for about a year and finally have everything in balance.