Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Thermostatic Controls
Reload this Page >

replacing a ceiling radiant heat thermostat with a programmable one

Old 11-11-11, 02:24 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I would like to replace my ceiling radiant heat thermostat with a programmable thermostat. The thermostat that is there right now has a 4 wires, 2 black and 2 white wires and is rated at 22A resistive, max 277 VAC. The only thing I can find that is a programmable thermostat is rated at 14A or 16A. TH104-P5 by Aubetech (rated at 14A) or TH110-DP-P by Cadet. Can I use one of these to replace it ? Which one would you recommend I should use ?

I do see a non-programmable thermostat for a 2 pole which is rated at 22A. Does anyone know why there isn't one that is programmable which is rated at 22A ? The T410 Series Thermostat: Economical Choice

Old 11-11-11, 04:26 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Do you know what the amp draw or wattage is on your system? is it runningi more than one unit?

It may not be pulling 22 amps but will need to check into this.. if it's less than 14 or 16, then you can use the program ones.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: