Goodman PGJ048100-1

Old 02-12-12, 11:38 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Goodman PGJ048100-1

Hello, the other day I noticed no air was blowing so I walked outside and the Gas unit was running but not blower. Called repair man, he said needs new blower and Heat exchanger(had cracks in it). So we replaced new blower( this is a Goodman PGJ048100-1) and heat exchanger. Everything worked fine. I replaced batteries in my thermostat and noticed now no backlight would come on. I can see the temp settings just no light>at this same time I notice the blower runs constantly wether its on the auto/on, it will not shut off. After all that, my question is does the thermostat have anything to do with making the blower not shut off. I did go out side and took main panel off to control board(B18099-18) and noticed to black boxes(relays i assume) and lightly tapped one and the motor turned off. I already had thermostat turned off so I figured it is the relay that I taped. It worked fine for a day blower shutting off like it supposed to, but then started doing same thing. Can I replace just that relay, or do I have to replace whole board? Or is my thermostat causing the blower not to shut off? This is a variable speed motor, just more info.

Old 02-13-12, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
As for your t-stat back light, I am guessing it's a Honeywell VisionPro?

If the relay is on the board itself, the whole board needs to be replaced.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: