Help with new thermostat for Radiant heat system

Old 02-24-12, 10:15 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with new thermostat for Radiant heat system

Thank you in advance for any help and indulgence with my amateur problem.

I have a residential heat-only radiant system. The system has a number of zones, each controlled by a valve. The valves are connected to a relay board. On the relay board, I just need a thermostat to close the link on two input wires to turn on a zone.

Most of the house is controlled by Upinor radiant thermostats which are simple 2-wire units, and I just hook up the two wires and it works fine.

One zone was not wired, and I am installing a honeywell wireless thermostat to control that room. I am having some difficulty wiring the receiver to the relay board.

I wired 24VAC out from the relay panel, Common to C and the hot to R (and bridged to Rc and Rh). The power seems to work fine, the receiver connects to the thermostat transmitter, and if I turn up the setting the heat circuit flips on the receiver and the heat light goes on.

So I need to hook two wires from the receiver to the relay panel to close the loop when the system should be heating.

I thought from reading the manual that the outputs should be the W wire, and a splice off the common coming into the receiver unit. But this does not trip the relay when the heat goes on.

Can anyone help me with how I should wire to the red and white inputs on the relay panel?

Thank you for your help.

Relay panel:

Thermostat receiver:

Old 02-25-12, 05:46 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
remove the jumper from RC to RH. Your wires from the relay go to RH and W

Old 02-25-12, 03:32 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you!

Originally Posted by hvactechfw View Post
remove the jumper from RC to RH. Your wires from the relay go to RH and W
WOW, Thank you so much, this was super helpful and of course worked perfectly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: