New Honeywell Thermostat RTH221B

Old 02-25-12, 06:19 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Honeywell Thermostat RTH221B

I purchased a Honeywell RTH221B to have a simple digital programmable thermostat instead of the old ineffiecient slider I had. I got the thermostat home and took off the old thermostat. I have only 2 wires, a red and white wire. I opened the face plate on the new honeywell therm. and put in 2 AAA batteries that are brand new. For some reason the thermostat wont show anything on the screen. I tried different batteries but still got nothing. Is it defective or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-12, 06:34 AM
IF the batteries are installed correctly then you have a defective thermostat. I would recommend a higher quality honeywell thermostat anyway. In that paticular thermostat if the system was heating and the batteries fail the heat would not shut off.

Old 02-25-12, 06:40 AM
thanks

thanks for the reply. The batteries are definitly installed correctly lol. I guess its defective. Do you have any recommendations for a digital thermostat that only needs two wires? Something thats not to expensive, I only have gas heat/forced hot water running through the thermostat. Thanks again.

Old 02-25-12, 08:16 AM
I would recommend a pro series thermostat but that would need to be ordered online or at a local hvac supply house if you could get them to sell to you.

DIY stat from the box store would be a RTH6350D or better
PRO stat would be a TH6110D1021 or better