Magic Jack Plus

Old 04-01-12, 09:21 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Magic Jack Plus

I was just reading about some thing call MAGIC JACK PLUS. According to what I did read ,all you have to do is plug (MJP) into router,set up MJP setting with computer and then connect MJPlus directly to router.Then you can have dial tone straight from the router.I would be able to use the transponder and thermostat that I all ready have.What do you think of this.

Previous post----I had dial up for many years.I used a Decora telephone transponder #6325 and a slimline -Enerstat DSL-300 thermostat to turn on my heat (base board electric),it went from 41 (if you went lower than 40 degrees the LCD screen went blank and thermostat did not work) degrees to 59 degrees.What can I use now that I have DSL,and want to get rid of my dial up line.Only want to keep data line.There is a wireless router in the house that can be hard wired or wireless connected.I do not have a computer at this house.

Last edited by hvactechfw; 04-01-12 at 01:19 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 04-01-12, 01:30 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
How many baseboard heaters are you controlling? I would look at E-connect with an internet gateway which will control up to 8 baseboards......... You can connect to the thermostat though the internet or smart phone app. E Connect Brochure

For a lot less money you could try the MJ and see if it will work with the phone system you have integrated currently. I currently use MJ and get crystal clear connections, but I don't use it for any type of data transfer like what your current thermostat may use.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: