Thermostat 101 - Very confused

Old 09-11-12, 04:10 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thermostat 101 - Very confused

Hi Guys,
So i purchased a filtrete 3m wifi enabled thermostat. Before doing so i viewed a lot of youtube videos on the 4 vs 5 wire system. Well silly me ASSUMED mine would be a similar set up but when I popped off the cover I was flabbergasted. i have an 11 wire set up. I live in a condo where they turn the AC on in summer and heat in winter. Do I have any hope in putting in the thermostat or am i more or less screwed? attached is an image of my current thermostat. Thank in advance guys. This is the thermostat I got : Filtrete by 3M - Remote Programmable WiFi Thermostats

Here is my current Honeywell thermostat. Please let me know. Thx

Old 09-11-12, 04:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
well, you might not be able to use ANY aftermarket thermostat....... What is the make and model of your current thermostat? It looks like your thermostat can control fan speed most can NOT do this. I am not sure what the EMS wires are for yet.

Old 09-11-12, 06:37 PM
F
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
EMS may be Energy Management System. This is obviously a complex that has chilled water supplied to fancoil units for cooling and probably hot water for heating. It is possible it is resistance heating to make it easier to bill the tenants for heat.

Old 09-11-12, 08:42 PM
S
Re:

I figured it wasn't that easy. Ok I'll take the filtrete back. It's a bummer cause I was really looking forward to it. Oh well. Thx guys

Old 09-11-12, 08:45 PM
S
Re

It's a Honeywell. I will need to take it apart again for the model number as its not on the front face but on the back of the facing. Ems I googled is energy management system

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: