Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Thermostatic Controls
Reload this Page >

Replacing Carrier TB-PHP01 thermostat with Ecobee Smart Si (PICS Attached)

Old 02-01-13, 09:00 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Equipment:

x) Carrier 25HBB, 25HBC Base Series Heat Pumps with Puron Refrigerent 1-1/2 to 5 Nominal Tons????

x) Carrier Heat Pump System????

x)FX4D?????

Everything worked fine with my old thermostat. I want to replace it with the Ecobee for all of the features. Before I started, i took a picture of the wiring on the old thermostat (Carrier TB-PHP01). The second picture is the wiring on the Ecobee.

The problem w/ the Ecobee is when I turn the heater ON nothing happens and when I turn the heater OFF cold-air starts to blow. Right now, I turned the both units off (in the closet & outside.)

1st of all from what you can see from the pictures, is the wiring done right on the ecobee?

2) What options should I program into Ecobee about my equipment.

BTW, everything in my house is electric. (No gas, oil, etc.) I believe I have a 2 Stage Heat (w/Heap Pump) and 1 stage cool.

(ALSO: 1st picture (old thermostat, W = Black & White WIRE)

For any help or question, thank you in advance!!!

NEW THERMOSTAT
VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

LARGER IMAGE HERE->http://soullow.com/photo1.JPG

Name:  photo222.jpg
Views: 4073
Size:  5.7 KB

OLD THERMOSTAT
VVVVVVVVVVVVV

LARGER IMAGE HERE->http://soullow.com/photo2.JPG

Name:  photo111.jpg
Views: 1712
Size:  3.8 KB

Last edited by rodneyaustex; 02-01-13 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-02-13, 12:26 AM
R
Correction: photo1.jpg = old thermostat. Photo2.jpg = new thermostat

Old 02-02-13, 06:09 AM
Sounds like you have a bad stat if the system comes on when you turn it to OFF. The wire hook up is right.

You need to set the stat up to let it knwo it's running a heat pump system with electric heat strip. Why the change out of stat?

Old 02-02-13, 10:53 PM
R
To answer your question, I want to change the thermostat because the features this thermostat has is going to meet my needs that my current thermostat does not have.

I really want to believe my stat is not as you would say "bad" as in defective. I just got it from Amazon. I'd like to at least properly install the wiring and program the equipment I have installed into the thermostats software before I write it off as "bad" and return it back for a refund.

So you are saying after looking at http://www.soullow.com/photo2.JPG the wiring hook up is right?

If so, I may be missing something on programming the equipment stages (I.e Stage 2 Heat Pump, Stage 1 cool, etc.) into the thermostats software? I've had some difficulties with this part of the installation:

1) The thermostat by default displays that my Equipment is NOT INSTALLED and to be honest, I need help deciding which options I need to select based on the information I provided in my original post so I can program my thermostat which equipment I have installed in my home:

Menu->Settings->Equipment->Heat Pump = NOT INSTALLED (Several options on following menu; Select Stage 1 or Stage 2, or etc.)

Menu->Settings->Equipment->Heat Electric Furnace = NOT INSTALLED (Several options on following menu; Select Stage 1 or Stage 2, or etc.)

Menu->Settings->Equipment->Cool/AC = NOT INSTALLED (Several options on following menu; Select Stage 1 or Stage 2, or etc.)

Old 02-03-13, 06:22 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Looks like you have a 1 stage HP with 1 stage of electric aux heat. O is used in cooling.

Old 02-03-13, 06:24 AM
Do those settings that Kevin has pointed out, and see if there any changes for you.

Old 02-03-13, 11:29 PM
R
I'll have a chance to work on it Tuesday and report back with results (work full time & part time student.)

I'll keep you posted.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: