About the S1 TTSCC01 communicating thermostat

Old 02-02-13, 06:52 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
About the S1 TTSCC01 communicating thermostat

Hi.

My system is a 2.5 ton York Affinity air-air heat pump with 18 Kw electric strips.
At our airflow speed setting, which is the lowest possible, we have a noticable difference in air speed between heating with the heat pump only and when all the heat strips are engaged.

I would like to minimize this difference.

Provided the heat strips allow it (no overheating), if I were to ask our contractor to install a TTSCC01 communicating thermostat, would that thermostat allow us to select something like 1000 CFM for cooling AND for electric heating (presently it's set at 1086 cooling, 1248 heating)?
The jumpers don't allow more flexibility.

I know you cannot do that with a furnace, but maybe with my system?

Thank you.

Old 02-02-13, 09:46 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
no, a thermostat can not typically control the fan speed. Fan speed settings are setup in the air handler.

Old 02-03-13, 05:01 AM
G
Well, FIY, this one does. It's a "communicating" thermostat:
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...41867550,d.dmQ

I Was hoping to get an answer from someone who actually owns this thermostat, so that it would be confirmed that I could adjust the electric airflow as well as the cooling.

Thanks for taking time to reply.
Hope this info is helpful to you.

Old 02-03-13, 06:07 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
can you post your model numbers. What thermostat do you currently have? Is the current air handler variable speed? That thermostat can change the blower speed on a communicating variable speed air handler. Is your air handler communicating?

Again, you CAN adjust the airflow setting in the ahu if your current setup is not communicating. You dont need the thermostat to do so.

Old 08-20-14, 01:57 PM
control panel will not work

I took my panel off of the wall for new dry wall. have reconnected and nothing. can anyone offer suggestions
hvactechfw I was reading your posts can you help?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: