Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Thermostatic Controls
Reload this Page >

Unable to register TH6320R1004 redlink thermostat on Honeywell website

Old 07-31-13, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I just purchased the Honeywell YTH663201114 thermostat system and I'm having problems getting it installed. I was able to register the THM6000R RedLINK Internet gateway on the Honeywell website. However I am unable to register the TH6320R1004 thermostat. It requires the same type of Mac and CRC address as the gateway. however, I am unable to find the Mac address or the CRC address. It supposedly came on a card which I can't find, does anyone knowhow I can get that missing information?

As a side note, the thermostat is working just fine wirelessly and controls everything great however, like stated above, it won't connect to the RedlINK system because I can't register it with Honeywell so I can't control it through my computer.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-13, 02:28 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
You don't register the thermostat. You only register the gateway. You must connect the thermostat to the gateway through the redlink connection.

Old 08-01-13, 09:58 AM
That's what I thought initially however, the focuspro thermostat I have will not connect using the redlink to the gateway. It just doesn't have the options available on the touchscreen. When I registered the gateway it told me no thermostat was installed and provided a function to add one. That's when I realized I didn't have the Mac or the CRC ID numbers for the thermostat. In a drop-down, Honeywell says the ID numbers were provided on a card which accompanied the thermostat. Either I got a thermostat without this information or I lost it but either way, I'm stuck here with a system that I cannot monitor over the Internet. I'm waiting for the vendor to respond to a ticket I opened and hopefully I can have them swap out the thermostat or provide the missing information. If not, I guess I'm up the creek without a paddle and a chunk of money.

Old 08-01-13, 10:01 AM
No. You are not adding it the correct way. I will get more details for you when I get to a computer... essentially you need to reread your manuals on how to connect accessories like the gateway to your thermostat.

Old 08-01-13, 06:05 PM
Remove the cover on the wireless adapter and press the connect button. Make sure the Connected light on the wireless adapter is flashing. Press the button on the bottom of the gateway. Redlink light should go from red to flashing green on gateway and then go solid green. Now if you go to the total connect site it should show your thermostat.

Old 08-02-13, 06:49 AM
apparently I didn't understand how the redlink system works. The control module (Wireless adapter) and the thermostat are working fine however the gateway is not communicating with the module. A pushed the button on the module and it flashes green and then goes solid green however when I pushed the button on the gateway in flashes green but then goes solid red and then goes out. I opened a ticket with Honeywell via e-mail but then they wanted me to call them. The number they gave me was a call center in India and it was downhill from there. so far I have not been able to get a solution. Still working on it.

Old 08-02-13, 07:38 AM
I gave you the exact sequence of what to do. Before the wireless adapter goes solid (while it is flashing green) you should push the button on the gateway. You are trying to sync the gateway to the wireless module. You are lucky they even were willing to talk to you about that product as it is a professional product and don't supply user support but only professional contractor support on it. Follow my instructions I posted earlier and all should work fine.

Last edited by hvactechfw; 08-02-13 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-02-13, 09:04 AM
I missed the fact that the operative word was 'before' the light stops flashing. Since the control module is in the garage and the gateway is in the office it is obviously a two-person job. And once I managed to get two people together it now works fine. I appreciate your help and patience.

Old 01-23-14, 08:39 PM
J
Similar Problem

I have a TH6320R1004 that I cannot get to link to the RedLink internet gateway.

The t-stat does not have a "connect" button. The only option I see is the Wireless Setup option in the in the installer setup menu. But that seems to be only for connecting to the EIM.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Old 08-20-15, 01:43 PM
G
The Honeywell documentation is problematic

I have found a number of discrepancies in trying to get the TH6320R1004 configured.
  1. You CAN have multiple EIMs connected to a single Internet Gateway.
  2. You do NOT add the thermometers as the Total Comfort Honeywell site or IOS app would suggest to the Internet Gateway.
  3. The TH6320R1004 Thermostats do NOT have MAC address with CRC identifier cards. I believe these to not really be WiFi (e.g. TCP/IP) per se but are RedLINK devices.
  4. An Outdoor sensor can be added to a number of EIMs (five to be exact), thereby providing outdoor temp and humidity data to different areas.

To connect a TH6320R1004 to a Honeywell Internet Gateway:
  • Have the professional install the air handler, compressor, etc and install/wire up the Honeywell EIM.
  • Plug in the Honeywell Internet Gateway to an electrical outlet and to your router.
  • Add the Honeywell Internet Gateway to your Total Connect Comfort account. (Note, here is where you provide the MAC address and CRC code of the Internet Gateway).
  • Once the heater and / or air conditioner are installed - start the EIM Wireless Connection programming. This is initiated by pressing on the EIM's Wireless Connect button. Pressing this button should put it into a green blinking state. Its this state that its ready to connect to different devices. Note, if the EIM moves from green blinking to green - it most likely indicates that there is another EIM in 'program mode' nearby. Finish that programming by pressing the 'Connect button' on the EIM. Alternatively, the EIM will automatically terminate connect programming after 15 minutes.
  • Configure the devices by programming them against the EIM. With the EIM's Connect button blinking green, connect the thermostat, outdoor sensor, remote control or Internet Gateway. In each case, there is a device specific configuration that you go thru that contains a 'Connect' button that is pressed on the device. Iterate thru each one of the devices you need to connect to the EIM while it remains blinking green.
  • Once you are done programming an EIM, press the Connect button on the EIM indicating 'Done' programming (alternatively the EIM returns to this mode after 15 minutes).

I have successfully been able to have discrete thermostats configured against three discreet EIM (1:1 relationship) and each EIM connected to a single Internet Gateway.