Cooling only thermostat acts like a heating only thermostat

Old 08-15-13, 12:06 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cooling only thermostat acts like a heating only thermostat

I tried to keep this project dead simple and still get the job done. I purchased a whole house fan. I installed it up in the attic and tried it out. Everything works fine when I have a direct connection to electrical. On to the next step. I want this thing to run at night and then shut itself off. I installed a light switch (I ONLY want it on at night), then I installed a thermostat on the same line to control the fan (Line VoltageThermostat, Cool Only, White - Amazon.com). The system worked great for a few days. Then I noticed that my thermostat was off a couple of degrees. No problem. I adjusted the temp using the little set screw behind the front plate of the thermostat. The temp reads correctly now. The problem is that now this works as a heating thermostat does (on at low temp and shuts off at high temp). I know that this is wired correctly because it did work correctly for a few days. I've messed with it to try to get it back but I'm not sure how I did this. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-13, 07:51 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Got it. I'm not sure what I did, I just kept messing with it but it works right now.

Old 08-17-13, 08:26 AM
Received 57 Votes on 53 Posts
Line voltage T stas

When you install the Stat in the switch box make sure there is no pressure from the wires on the back of the Stat this can sometimes change the setting,electric stats aren't the most accurate in the first place.