Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Thermostatic Controls
Reload this Page >

Help Installing a Aprilaire 600 Humidifier on Carrier Infity w/ Edge Prog. Therm

Help Installing a Aprilaire 600 Humidifier on Carrier Infity w/ Edge Prog. Therm

Old 09-17-13, 07:39 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post Help Installing a Aprilaire 600 Humidifier on Carrier Infity w/ Edge Prog. Therm

Hello,

First post, so be gentle.

I am looking to install a Aprilaire 600M Humidifier on my Carrier 80 Infinity, 2-Stage Furnace, with the EdgeŽ Programmable Thermostat w/ Humidistat .

What I need some guidance on is the electrical part.

- How should I wire the bypass humidistat ? It comes with a 24v converter, or should I use the Carrier's 24v out? Will using the furnace's out put it under more stress, more likely to break down?

- If I should connect it to the furnance directly, where is the connection? i.e. HUM ?

- I am thinking I want the Edge humidistat to control the humidifier, and be able to Call for it to turn on, even when No heat is coming. ( use fan + humidifier only, when house needs humidity)

- Lastly, how do I wire it to the Edge? There is a small white, flat, box attached to the duct work where the wires are connected. The Edge sits upstairs.

House is just under 2,000 sq, no basement, 1 story. I considered the Aprilaire 700, but it seems the 600 has fewer parts that may break down.

Any HELP would be greatly appreciate!!

Let me know if I can be more clear.

Old 09-17-13, 11:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,399 Votes on 1,296 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

wastemysunday.... huh (favorite team didn't win ?)

Unless one of the regulars stops by.... I'm going to need a model number of your furnace.

Old 09-18-13, 06:59 AM
W
PJmax. My furnace model Carrier Infinity 80 2-stage 58CVA
I can upload any pictures that might be helpful.

Old 09-18-13, 07:27 AM
W
I also forgot to mention, it has a outdoor Temp sensor that is hooked up and working. Here is one picture.

http://************/r/2dc8ncw/5

Old 09-18-13, 09:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
Have you seen the diagrams?

Old 09-18-13, 09:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,399 Votes on 1,296 Posts
The board will not allow a hotlink from tinypic.

You can use the "go advanced" reply box and scroll down until you see "manage attachments." If you click on that it'll bring up the image loader dialogue and you can post a pic right here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: