Honeywell Prestige O & B

Old 11-10-13, 03:28 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell Prestige O & B

I'm replacing a Honeywell W8900 with a Prestige stat and EIM to run a natural gas forced air furnace/AC, two zones.

My old W8900 control panel on the furnace sends a Blue wire and an Orange wire to two pins on the same relay on an external relay panel.

The new Prestige IEM has a only combined "O/B" terminal... So, any ideas on where to tie down the separate O and B wires?

TIA!

Old 11-10-13, 04:44 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Additional info: the TrolATemp relay panel is a Mastertrol® Mini-ZoneTM -2 Zone Control Panel, Model MM-2 OE with the house, ~18 yrs old.) According to the Honeywell data sheet for the Mastertrol, "The Zone 1 Thermostat requires a manual changeover subbase with “O” and “B” terminals. The “O” terminal must make with R when the subbase is switched to the COOL Mode. The “B” terminal must make with R when the subbase is switched to the HEAT Mode. When the Zone 1 Subbase in either the Heat or Cool Mode, either zone thermostat can call for the respective mode." Since the new Prestige can be programmed for automatic heat->cool changeover, can I just run 2 wires from the O/B terminal on the EIM to the O and B pins on the relay, so that whichever mode the Prestige stat selects will close the relay?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: