thermostat issue?

Old 11-25-13, 08:06 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
thermostat issue?

I have a Goodman GMT 070-3 gas furnace and a/c. I replaced the original digital thermostat with a Hunter programmable one. I did this back during the summer and the a/c has worked great; however, I went to switch it over to heat and the blower runs but nothing else. No flame igniter... nothing. So I think I am suppose to have a jumper on my thermostat between Rc and Rh. Right now I just have the red wire (hot) going to Rc and nothing to Rh. My question is this... is the Goodman GMT 070-3 a 4-wire system? I'm thinking it is a 4-wire system which means I just need to add a little jumper wire between Rc and Rh but I'd just like to make sure.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-13, 10:44 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Typically the thermostat would come out of the package with it's RC & RH terminals jumpered.

The question is -- how many wires were connected to the old thermostat and how many are connected to the new thermostat ?

If they both have the same numbers then I would suspect they connect to
RC/ RH
W
G
Y

terminals at the thermostat.

It seems thermostat worked for cooling. Now switched to heat and the symptom described indicates a problem with the furnace.

If there an LED visiable on the furnace that's flashing , Ususally this will give an error code.