help me to upgrade my heating and AC control system to wireless

Old 01-15-14, 10:21 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
help me to upgrade my heating and AC control system to wireless

I am preparing update my gas water heating system. My Burnham Alpine gas boiler is about 3 years old and ready to have more load. I have only one zone now and I am planning to split it to 2 zone and add another new zone. So the final system will be a 3 zones system. I have a wired Honeywell programmable thermostat now which controls the one zone heating and the central AC for cooling. The Honeywell thermostat wires are connected with the Alpine boiler without any relay right now. There are two circulators in the system now.

I am thinking upgrade the wired control system to wireless control system. I have spent some time on Honeywell site but still cannot figure out which devices and which models I should use. I should have the following devices:

one TrueZone panel;
one Wireless Adapter;
three wireless thermostats;

Am I right? Then please recommend me the right ones.

I don't care if I can control temperature from my workplace via internet or not.
I don't care if I can control temperature remotely or not.

What's the outdoor sensor do? necessary?
How to add the central AC cooling control into the new system? add it to which thermostat or all of them?

Thanks,

Attached Images  
Old 01-15-14, 01:58 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
After more reading, I am in a good position now.

It seems what I need are the following:
one HZ322 TrueZone panel;
one THM4000R1000 wireless Adapter Module;
three TH6320R1004 wireless FocusPRO thermostats.

I am looking at their installation manuals now. But I have a BIG question, does Honeywell wireless zoning system only for forced-air heating system?

Old 01-15-14, 09:17 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Is there a particular reason why you want wireless operation? Using wireless will cost significantly more than a wired system and in most cases would not give any increased benefit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: