Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Thermostatic Controls
Reload this Page >

Lux TX500Ua Doesn't Work -- Keeps Switching to "STG 2" With One-Stage Heater

Old 03-08-14, 07:12 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Hi all! I've read a few threads on here in the past and they've been very helpful, thanks to all the people who lend their expertise I can't find any information on this particular problem, however:

Our old thermostat broke recently, and we got a Lux TX500Ua to replace it. We have a 1-stage boiler heater and installed the wiring correctly, as far as I can tell (the Factory RH-RC jumper is installed in RH and RC, the white wire is installed in W1, and the red wire is installed in RH, as per instructions).

The problem is that whenever we try to turn on the heat, the mode and display switches to "STG 2" -- but we don't have a two-stage heater. We have a Crown CXE series hot water boiler and Embassy Industries KPT-D hydronic baseboards, and when the thermostat is on "STG 2" it won't heat the house at all.

I'm certainly no mechanic, so forgive me if some of our fix attempts were ridiculous! We've tried switching the red and white under the assumption that they may have been switched in the old thermostat (no change), locking in the higher temp. with the "HOLD" feature (no change), turning the heat off/on multiple times (it comes on for a second, but then stops when STG 2 kicks in) and basically every combination of settings that the thermostat allows to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: We switched the white wire from W1 to W2 and it comes on briefly on STG 2 (but then shuts off) so we switched it back to the way it's shown in the instruction manual. We installed the same thermostat downstairs, and it works fine.

Old 03-08-14, 07:24 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
http://www.luxproducts.com/support/T..._WebManual.pdf

Looks like stage 2 will be energized when a demand of 4 degrees or more is present.

Setup item 11 can be changed from 4 to 9 to increase the demand required before you see this message.

Old 03-08-14, 07:47 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It seems to be working once we set it to 0 (which should disabled Stage 2 permanently). Thank you so much!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: