Honeywell Baseboard Programable T-Stat

Old 03-14-14, 05:13 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell Baseboard Programable T-Stat

Hi Everyone:

I'm not much of a DIY...lol...so when I opened up my new T-Stat which only has two black wires coming out from the back, I was really confused when I went to remove my old Honeywell manual dial T-Stat to find it has 2 red wires hooked in on one side and 2 black wires hooked in on the other side.

After doing some google searches, it appears I'm to couple the 2 red wires together with a connector, and then wire each black wire to a black wire on the new T-Stat. Does this sound correct, or am I in danger of burning the home down...lol?

btw...I do have the circuit breaker turned off for the baseboards...so hopefully I'm not about to fry myself in the process

Many thanks to anybody who might be able to help!
Cheers,
Ed

Old 03-14-14, 05:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,505 Votes on 1,393 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That's a 240vac digital/programmable thermostat you are going to wire in....... correct ?

They usually have four wires on them. Maybe that stat uses batteries ?
If yours only has two then connect the reds together and connect the blacks to the thermostat.

Old 03-15-14, 07:21 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi PJmax:

Thank you very much for the reply and info. The new T-stat apparently can be used on both 120 & 240V systems. There are no batteries, however the manual does state that in the event of a power failure the settings will only be stored for 5 hours max.

I will connect the reds together and wire the blacks to the t-stat as per your advice. If all works smoothly I'll let you know, otherwise I'll send a picture of the firetrucks in my driveway...lol.

Cheers,
Ed

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: