Am I wired correctly?

Old 04-25-14, 01:08 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Am I wired correctly?

Below is a diagram showing how my thermostat is currently wired, followed by a diagram from my air handler's manual. My W1 and W2 are jumpered at the air handler, so essentially my W2 and E at my thermostat are jumpered. Is this setup correctly? And why are Y and O not connected at my air handler? Are those just dummy connections so you don't have to use wire nuts? W1 and Y1 are jumpered at my thermostat, but that is not how the manual for my air handler shows it should be. Is this because my heat pump doesn't have a W, and it uses Y to enable the compressor for both heat W1 and cool Y1?

Old 04-25-14, 02:12 PM
S
Y and O don't need to wire to the furnace. They should go out to the heat pump. Your air handler diagram is shown if all components are York. W1 or Y1 will start the compressor.

Your diagram looks to be wired correctly.

Old 04-25-14, 02:24 PM
R
Why are E and W2 on my thermostat going to both W1 and W2 jumpered together in my air handler?

If I were to get a nest thermostat, would it be wired like so?

Old 04-25-14, 03:25 PM
S
W2 will bring on back up heat to help the heat pump. E will also bring on back up heat and shut down the heat pump. I would stay away from the nest, to many problems.

Old 04-25-14, 03:27 PM
R
Oh really? What kind of problems?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: