Looking for HoneyWell Prestige for 3 wire cooling only system?

Old 06-09-14, 11:23 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for HoneyWell Prestige for 3 wire cooling only system?

Hello,
First post so be gentle... Thank you in advance for any help.
Currently I have a Lux 9000RF thermostat to control Air only (electric baseboard heat) I have a Y G and RH connection with a bridge from RH to RC.

I would really like to get one of the Honeywell prestige units as I LOVE the idea of the portable control unit due to the discrepancy between my upstairs and downstairs, however reading around it looks like they require a 5 wire connection. My questions are:
1. Are the 5 wires required for heat/air or air only?
2. Would the 2 wire IAQ system with EIM do what I require? Model Number: YTHX9421R5069

Essentially, is there any way to get a Honeywell unit that supports the portable control unit wired up with my current setup? Running new wires is not really an option in a 40 year old house.

Thank you in advance!

Old 06-09-14, 04:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
Amazon.com: prestige iaq

The 2 wire Prestige IAQ that you listed will support your system but it is the older model.
The YTHX9421R5085 is the New model but I don't see any package deals that include the remote and the new mode Prestige IAQ.

Old 06-09-14, 04:50 PM
P
Thank you very much Houston!!! I noticed there were no packages as well but as long as that IAQ will work I can always add the portable control unit correct?

Old 06-09-14, 05:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes you can always add the remote.

I installed 2 of these stats today. I have one on my house as well.
I have the 2 duct sensors, a water sensor and a pressure switch (for the mechanical filter) installed on my EIM.

Old 06-10-14, 08:25 AM
P
Thank you so much again!!! One last question as it appears the Wireless FocusPro w/ EIM that is also compatible does come as a complete system. Would you do that as a complete system or the Prestige 2 HD IAQ as components?
Thank you again!
-Paul

Old 06-11-14, 05:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The Prestige IAQ is the best choice in thermostats today but you should decide what fits your budget and requirements.

I like the hardwired power of the Prestige IAQ as apposed to batteries and the ability to see how many hours the ac runs.

Post the model of the set that you are considering.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: