Bryant heat pump thermostat issue

Old 06-10-14, 09:07 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink Bryant heat pump thermostat issue

I'm replacing my new programmable thermostat with the old-school mercury thermostat (I bought and installed new thermostats 4 years ago, but since my landlord won't reimburse me, I'm taking the $150 pair with me when I move).

The wires were all labeled and I hooked them up to the applicable terminals, but I can't get it to turn on. The thermostat I'm trying to get to work is a Bryant heat pump part number 34427DP108, 3AAT84B14A1. The thermostats were up in the attic for 4 years, so could they have gotten damaged in the heat/cold?

All wires and terminals are used. Settings are currently to COOL, fan ON, NORM, but it didn't seem to matter how I put the settings. The only big difference on the programmable thermostat was that the Rc/Rh was also jumpered, but I don't see anything that could use jumpering here.
Here's what I have hooked up:
C orange
E brown
Y yellow
G green
W1 white
O black
R red
W2 blue

Old 06-11-14, 06:19 AM
B
Update-programmable doesn't work either now

I re-attached the programmable thermostat (Hunter 44860) using the same wiring that worked before I made the switch yesterday, but the AC still won't kick on. It says "COOL RUNNING", displays a fan and snowflake icon, and says AUTO. Can anyone help?

Old 06-11-14, 09:51 AM
Received 91 Votes on 86 Posts
Did you shut the power off while you were making the change? Does the fan run in the ON position?can you supply a pic of the wiring Dia. Of the heat pump?
Geo

Old 06-11-14, 05:31 PM
B
Thanks. I forgot to shut all the breakers, so I shorted it out. Fixed now, thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: