Prestige, Geocomfort, & Goodman Wiring Question

Old 06-11-14, 01:43 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Prestige, Geocomfort, & Goodman Wiring Question

Gentlemen & Ladies, (if applicable),
I am in the process of installing a new central HVAC system, (Duct-work, Load Calculations complete, will be adding additional return capacity), for my recently purchased 1983 model home. I have procurred the parts, in kind of a piece-meal fashion, but have them none the less. My question for you today, although there may be more soon is:

I have the Honeywell Prestige Thermostat "Kit",
Model #: Honeywell YTHX9421R5101WW

Goodman Air Handler, Model#: AVPTC 60D14A, w/10k heat strip, just in case

Geocomfort Out door Split (Water to Air??) 2-stage Heat Pump Model#: GRT060

I realize the Geocomfort may be the least familiar, just from my wanderings, but I still feel the answer to my inquiry can be obtained from such a knowledgable group. I believe I have the wiring figured out for the entire sequence except for where to connect to the A/H & the Therm for Heat....

The AVPTC has a w1 & w2 connection, it seems that W1 is supposed to go to the Heat-Pump w2, (not required, nor present on the GRT). So, I assume that O/B, in conjunction with control of the compressor, (y1 & y2), are 1st & 2nd stage heat, which leaves me wondering about where to wire what from the Therm & A/H to make the heat strips activate in only the most dire circumstance....I also understand that I can set the Prestige, via the set-up menu, to keep the strips from activating until --* outside temp, (Honeywell Kit did come with outside temp sensor), So, do I connect Therm's AUX/?? to w1 or w2 or somewhere else.....?? One of those way cool wiring diagrams that I've seen on here would allow me to confirm my thoughts, but if not possible, then I'll take whatever info I can get. I'm including a link to the info about the GRT060, to keep someone from extra google time....

GeoComfort Geothermal Systems | Compass Series Outdoor Split

There is a PDF there for Installation for the model I have.....I've got the geo part complete, by the way, it is a unique system and I've got a pretty good handle on that part, but will also take any input on it. It is a Pond/Lake heat exchanger, closed loop system with a seperate flow pump that will wire directly into the Geocomfort... At any rate, I appreciate your information....

Old 06-11-14, 04:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
I will probably hit my bandwith limit for this month very soon but this image may be available for a day or two.

Old 06-11-14, 05:50 PM
E
THANKS Houston204!!!!

Sir,
That is an entirely awesome image & I am very much appreciative!!
How did you know I was planning on hooking up the dehum function & a Float Switch?? I have an HVAC pro headed out this week to complete install, but I'm trying to do as much as I can to have things headed in the right direction....It does not appear that the Prestige has hit its' stride here in South Georgia, none of the three contractors I spoke with are at all familiar with it. Thanks again & although they make take the image down, I have a printed copy & again offer my appreciation!!:No Beer 4U:

When I get into the "On-Screen" set up I may have additional questions, but I'll let you know what they end up being....Any initial thoughts about what I should change, based on your diagram?? I will have exactly what you designed & the outdoor temp sensor, which communicates wirelessly, (which I know you know...)

Old 06-11-14, 05:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
A float switch trip will not turn off cooling with this control. It will display an alarm at the stat and send your phone an alert if you also get the internet gateway.

I have 2 float switches on my setup. A lower float switch is connected to my EIM and a second float switch a little higher that will trip C to the outdoor unit.

When the stat asks, you have 10k duct sensors.

Last edited by Houston204; 06-11-14 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-11-14, 07:11 PM
E
Alright, 10k on the duct sensors. Thanks for the information & I'll see what I can do about "Tripping" C to the outdoor unit...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: