Prestige thx9321r5000 humidity accuracy issue

Old 07-03-14, 04:43 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Prestige thx9321r5000 humidity accuracy issue

Hello,
I have a prestige thermostat and am having issues with it reading the correct levels of humidity both in the home and outdoros. The sensor is reading approximately 10-15% additional humidity in the home than any other sensor located in the same area (even directly above it on the wall). I also have the wireless sensor attached. That sensor is reading extremely low humidity levels outside (EX: 30-40% when it's pooring raining, or 17% when it's really 40% right now). Is there any way to adjust/re-calibrate or fix this? I have tried new batteries in the outside sensor but I do not understand how both sensors can be so far off.

I bought new manual and digital sensors to test the readings against and those fairly well agree with each other. The presitge is the one acting goofy. I can't say I paid a lot of attention to this in summer months but this last winter I did have a whole house ERV installed and that is hooked up to the unit now so "ventilation" is now an option. I've tried enabling and disabled that via the settings but I don't see why that would impact the humidity readings. I do understand that there would be more humidity in the house if that is on when it's raining and I do not leave it on. I do leave the furnace fan running continously and have also upgraded the fan to a low watt one desiged for continous operation. Besides those two changes, I'm not sure of anything else. I can't say I paid a lot of attention to the indoor humidity in the summer last year but I know the outdoor humidity sensor read more accurately previously.

model thx9321r5000
software rev 01.17.00
config rev 2.000
communication rev 09.31.00
date code 1043

Any ideas?

Thanks much,
Ryan

Old 07-03-14, 05:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
You can calibrate the stat to match your other humidity gauge.

Old 07-04-14, 09:25 AM
S
That sounds exactly like what I need to do but for the life of me I can't figure out how to calibrate the external and internal (or either) units. I wonder if there is an advanced manual out there that I'm not seeing. Can you point me in the right direction on how to do calibrate? I'll keep hunting for manuals too

Thanks!

Old 07-04-14, 10:18 AM
S
Guess I got one of those good news bad news kind of thing. Good news is that I searched out enough to figure out how to make the modifications. The indoor one is actually under preferences in the installer setting. *slaps forehead*.

Bad news is that the outdoor wireless one cannot be adjusted unless you use the USB to download the xml, edit it, and the re-upload which isn't a problem in itself except that from what I can find on another forum, the range for the adjustment is only + or - 12 % humidity. My outdoor unit is way farther off than that. Perhaps it's just broke. ;( I also don't really understand the checksum values but maybe i'll make some tweaks and reverse engineer it.

from another forum, ISU options and values:

700 [indoor] temp display offset
range is 0 to 6 with 3 corresponding to 0 deg offset

701 [indoor] humidity display offset
range is 0 to 24 with 12 being 0%

702 outdoor temp display offset
range is 0 to 6 with 3 corresponding to 0 deg offset

703 outdoor humidity display offset
range is 0 to 24 with 12 being 0%

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title: