Prestige 2.0 sensor setup

Old 07-13-14, 11:37 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Prestige 2.0 sensor setup

I have a Honeywell Prestige 2.0 IAQ thermostat. I currently have a simple SPST float switch connected to the Y line. I want to use one of the sensors to alert if the condensate drain pan is full. The Honeywell instructions state that I can use a dry contact switch to trigger the alert. In addition it states that I can wire the dry contact switch to disable the compressor when the switch triggers. This seemed straight forward to me until I read a warning further down which states not to apply power to the sensor terminals. I would like to wire the sensor terminals in parallel to the float switch so that if it triggers it will disconnect the Y line to the compressor and trigger the alert on the thermostat at the same time. The warning seems to be contradictory to the recommendation for disconnecting the compressor since i believe the Y wire carries 24v when the compressor is active. I'm unsure what Honeywell is telling me to do, can anyone clarify.

Old 07-14-14, 05:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
I installed two float switches. Which page did you see that the dry contacts will disable the compressor?
I only get an alert on my phone and the stat from the dry contacts.

It seems that a simple software update would correct this since the manual states that it will do this when configured for commercial operation.

Old 07-16-14, 03:58 AM
S
Thdocument is titled "THX9321 Prestige 2.0 and THX9421 Prestige IAQ 2.0 with EIM - Product Data" The section I am referring to is on page 57 titled "Full Drain Pan Alert", specifically the Note which describes the compressor turn off. Further down the page is a "Warning". This is where I get confused.

Old 07-16-14, 05:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
https://customer.honeywell.com/resou...0s/68-0311.pdf

Are you sure it was page 57 not 52?

You probably need to contact Honeywell support for that question.

Old 07-17-14, 03:21 AM
S
I did supply an incorrect page number, it was actually 58 not 57. The link you supplied is for the redesigned Prestige 2.0, I have the original Prestige 2.0. My model has only S1 and S2 inputs, the newer one has S3 and S4 also. If you look at the small number at the bottom of each page you will notice yours is 68-0311-03, mine us 68-0311-01. In your document the page with the same info is 96.

I tried Honeywell and they referred me to my installer. My installer was not familiar with this unit so he was no help. I posted here hoping someone might be familiar with unit.

Old 07-17-14, 05:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Honeywell tech support was not very helpful when I called them about the float switch the first time that I installed one of these.

I didn't see an option to have the float switch turn off anything in the menu so I break the Y signal with the float switch on most installations.

The stat can notify lack of cooling.

I have the new model on my house but have installed both models. I have 2 float switches in my application. The lower one is connected to the eim. I also installed a pressure switch between the 4.5" mechanical filter and the furnace and wired it to the eim.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: