Honeywell Prestige question about multiple zones

Old 07-25-14, 08:05 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell Prestige question about multiple zones

I have one of the newer Honeywell Prestige IAQ stats (YTHX9421R5085WW). It controls my forced air and furnace. I am in the process of finishing my basement and I would like to have that as a separate zone. My HVAC guy says he contacted his Honeywell rep and they told him my unit could not do this and I would need to put another separate stat down there. Does that make sense? It says right on the box from mine that is can handle 4 zones or something - so whats the deal?

I dont know a ton about HVAC but they are planning to put dampeners in the ductwork for the basement to be able to control it. Does the Prestige not support that and will I need to buy another stat?

Old 07-25-14, 10:52 AM
S
Yes you will need 2 stats and a interface model.

Old 07-25-14, 10:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
You will need an additional thermostat for the additional zone.
An internet gateway can be installed to let you control up to 4 zones per gateway but you would need a Honeywell redlink thermostat at each zone.

A portable comfort (remote) control can be added to the red link enabled thermostats to allow you to control multiple redlink thermostats from a single remote.

Honeywell offers a Redlink Visionpro 8000 thermostat that you might consider for your basement. It costs much less than that top of the line stat that you have now.

Old 07-25-14, 10:59 AM
J
Thanks. I dont mind buying another stat to match my current one.

Can anyone provide me with part numbers of these additional parts I will need? skaggsje, what is that interface module I will need? Is that the HZ432? What is the model number of the stat I will need?

Here is everything I have now...
Thermostat
EIM
Humidifier (controlled via the EIM)
Internet Gateway
Wireless Outdoor Air Sensor

Ideally, could someone tell me what page to reference in the manual when I talk to my HVAC guy telling him that it CAN be done with my current stat?

https://customer.honeywell.com/resou...0s/68-0311.pdf

Thanks

Last edited by jrhoads23; 07-25-14 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-25-14, 12:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,531 Votes on 1,414 Posts
Ideally, could someone tell me what page to reference in the manual when I talk to my HVAC guy telling him that it CAN be done with my current stat?
Your current stat will still be controlling what it already has. You will need a second stat for the basement zone so technically your guy is right in that your original stat can't control the basement.

The HZ 432 looks like it's the EIM module you'll need for multi zoning. I'm not sure which stat Houston was refering to earlier.

Old 07-26-14, 01:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
I was referring to the Redlink TH8321R1001

I agree with PJ and Skagg.

I have connected two Prestige IAQ thermostats to a zone control board without any problems. Tech support wants the EIMs at least 2 feet apart.

Last edited by Houston204; 07-26-14 at 07:44 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: