How wire Goodman CTK04AA Thermostat to Aprilaire 700 Humidifier

Old 07-30-14, 07:30 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How wire Goodman CTK04AA Thermostat to Aprilaire 700 Humidifier

Thermostat is wired to Goodman GCVM96 modulating/communicating furnace and Goodman DSXC18 communicating AC through only 4 wires. They are 1,2, R and C. The 4 wires are the only ones at the thermostat and at the furnace and the condenser. Have no idea how to wire Aprilaire 700 using the CTK04AA as it should be able to control humidity and not need the Aprilaire supplied humidistat.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. The CTK has a program to control humidity, but instructions of how to wire it to a humidifier are lacking.
Thanks

Old 07-30-14, 08:21 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,531 Votes on 1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Using the following link for your manual..... go to page 30 and see if your furnace control board looks like the one pictured in the manual.

Alpine Home Air Products: manual.PDF

Old 07-30-14, 11:24 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the tip. I think I get it. I will run the brown wire from the low pressure switch to one of the HUM connections then from the other HUM connection up to the humidifier solenoid. Then from the other solenoid connection back to the C terminal on the furnace board. This should operate at 24v obviating the need for use of the transformer and be cotrolled by the CTK thermostat. Is this the correct wiring?

Thanks much

Old 07-30-14, 06:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,531 Votes on 1,414 Posts
Hello back Peter J from another Peter J (hence the PJ in my nick)

If you've used the link to the manual I left you and that is indeed your board.... you will need to use a 120vac-24vac transformer.

That board supplies switched 120vac output on the HUM terminal. So the transformer would connect to the HUM and NEUT terminals.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: