Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Thermostatic Controls
Reload this Page >

HELP! reconnecting Honywell Wireless indoor sensors to Prestige 2.0 Therm

Old 08-14-14, 07:57 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I recently installed a new Honeywell Thermostat THX9321R5030 and successfully connected 4 indoor sensors to it (C7189R1004). After everything seemed fine, I then needed to reset thermostat back to factory default settings for a different issue...now all four sensors will NOT reconnect with unit??? all go to "amber" colored light...then to solid red light? I followed very same steps as day before when I successfully synched all four...am I missing something?

Old 08-14-14, 06:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
Press and hold the CONNECT button on the RedLINK accessory until the status light glows amber (hold for about 10 seconds). This will disconnect the device from the old EIM or thermostat.

Old 08-19-14, 01:05 PM
N
Smile Thank you Houston204!!!

your tip to reconnect the indoor sensor worked perfectly. surprised its not mentioned in operating manual. Its such a simple fix. thank you so much...I have one final question now about my honeywell install. I am trying to connect a redlink gateway THM6000R1002 to the prestige 2.0 THX9321R5030. I've registered it online using it's mac id and crc. I've connected the unit to both power and router using ethernet cable. I've pressed and released the "connect" button on the underside after activating the connection wizard on the actual therm...to no success. Both the green lights are illuminated for "power" and "internet" but i get no light activity for "Redlink" button/light between them. Any tips/thoughts on this? Ive tried to unplug both ethernet cable and power cords...to no avail. if both power and internet are "Green"...possible defective unit? thanks again, Houston204

Old 08-19-14, 04:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Did you have the internet gateway installed prior to resetting ?
If so it must also be uninstalled before you can install it again.

Old 08-19-14, 05:08 PM
N
never got it to connect before or after...actually, the reason i reverted back to factory default settings in the first place (which gave me the prior indoor sensor problem you solved for me) was because I couldn't get the gateway to ever connect. I know the "redlink" light indicator bulb works as it flashes red along with "power" and "internet" when you initially plug in...then when those other two turn solid green...it is dark/doesnt light up. Help me obi won, you're my only hope.

Old 08-19-14, 08:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
At the thermostat...

Select "Menu" then "Dealer Information" to see the date code.
Select "OK" then "Installer options" and enter the date code.
Select "Done" then "Wireless Device Manager".
Select "Add Device"

Then press the connect button at the bottom of the Gateway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQJySjOcA4

Old 08-20-14, 10:16 AM
N
yes...thanks...that's not working. I previously tried all that to no success...also dont get any light activity of any kind from the gateway's "Redlink" button which leads me to believe the unit is defective. Both "power" and "internet" buttons along side it are solid green.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: