My thermostat location I need advice

Old 08-20-14, 08:51 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My thermostat location I need advice

Hello, my a/c stat is in my hallway , it is right next to my bathroom, when we shower and there are 5 of us we have to have door open so we dont steam up the bathroom(no fan) also the hallway is high traffic area my kids are all 6 ft & running around and it makes the stat go from 77 to 78 then back to 77 and the a/c turns on because of all the commotion also I hate seeing the stat, I know this is nutters but I am so stressed out by this a/c (big mess) that just seeing the temp rise makes me jittery. The stat is 10 feet away from the return.Now I thought to place it near the return( I read that it is good to be there) and that is in living room and it would face away from me so I could get to it easy but not all in my face (fantastic) but it is on the garage wall.I live in florida so my garage is hot as well you know where.I know that I read not to place stat on exterior wall would that count or is garage wall ok? My home is 1200sf and it is one level.Thank you.

Old 08-20-14, 09:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,512 Votes on 1,398 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Normally you would keep the thermostat on an inside wall. In a cold area where the garage gets cold it's more of a priority.

You would probably be ok on a garage wall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: