Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Thermostatic Controls
Reload this Page >

Observer communication thermostat fault code on main screen wont go away

Observer communication thermostat fault code on main screen wont go away

Old 08-26-14, 09:00 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Observer communication thermostat fault code on main screen wont go away

Hi guys,

I had a Day & Night (or ICP) observer HVAC system put in early July 2014. It consists of a G9MAE furnace (EC97), CSA6 (16 SEER single stage AC) paired with a END4X coil, and the TSTAT0101SC Observer Wall Control Thermostat.

As the AC was getting a tune-up and the furnace getting checked for local conditions the service team was able to fault the system, and I suppose clear it. (I wasn't home when they did the service call.)

The problem I am having is that on the main screen of the thermostat it says "indoor unit fault," I click that and it shows the code of 0 but an odd date and time 12am on 0/00/00. If I go into the equipment screen there are no active faults. Even if I press clear the fault indicator still doesn't leave the main screen.

How do I get rid of the false fault code from the main screen? (I haven't resorted to a factory reset yet.)

Name:  IMG_20140826_213947.jpg
Views: 8438
Size:  20.7 KB
Name:  IMG_20140826_213957 highlight.jpg
Views: 8362
Size:  17.0 KB
Name:  IMG_20140826_214027.jpg
Views: 8178
Size:  15.3 KB

Old 08-26-14, 09:25 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,530 Votes on 1,413 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You had the system installed in July 2014 and it's being serviced already.
Don't tell me.... the installers have no idea of the problem.

Old 08-26-14, 09:58 PM
L
okay a little more back story. I had a co-worker put the system in who use to do HVAC for a living. He did the work getting the equipment etc. from his uncle who owns the company who came to do the service. My co-worker didn't have the equipment/skill to do the initial AC tuneup or green sticker the furnace, but said his uncle would come do that work later on. It took some time, as you can see, to get his uncle to come. So here we are about 2 months later. I haven't called them back yet, as it was beyond business hours, just thought I would see if someone here had any experience with this.

Does anyone know of a fault code book for this system? What would code 0 mean anyway? (FYI the system seems to be running fine still...)

Old 08-26-14, 11:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,530 Votes on 1,413 Posts
I couldn't locate anything on your fault code. You could do a system reset but that will erase anything that has been changed and reset it back to default settings.

Maybe Houston, the forum pro, has an idea.

Old 08-27-14, 09:25 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I don't know if this will assist you but here is a link to "secrets" about managing the Observer:

GoTempstar!

What happens if you push the "OK" button shown in the middle image you posted?

Old 11-13-14, 09:11 PM
L
Well, after several weeks the code just went away. I am not sure if there was a momentary loss in power that aided this situation, but it went away.

I recently had a fault code 6 which is due to an ignition issue. The furnace kept functioning so it must have been successful after the first attempt at igniting. I have cleared this fault code and again I have the indoor unit fault showing on the screen. maybe I will pull power from the system and see if that fixes it.

if you search G9MAE and troubleshooting guide you can find the manual online. I tried to attach it here but I suppose it is too large...

Old 11-13-14, 09:22 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Here is a link to the manual: http://icpindexing.toddsit.com/docum...4004470000.pdf

The most common cause for a fault code 6 is usually because the flame sensor needs to be cleaned. I suggest you shut off power by flipping the breaker and wait 30 seconds before turning it back on to see if it will clear the code.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: